Ohio COVID-19 Public Health Advisory System
As of July 16, 2020, Wyandot County has been increased from a Level 1 to a Level 2 Public Emergency. Two main factors were considered in this change: an increase in the number of people going to health care providers with COVID symptoms who then received lab-confirmed or suspected COVID diagnosis; and a proportion of cases over 50% that are not in congregate settings, indicating a higher risk of community spread.
Since July 8, there have been 13 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Wyandot County. In order to slow the spread of this contagious disease, Wyandot County Public Health recommends that all residents:
- Conduct a daily health/symptom self-evaluation and stay at home if symptomatic.**
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from non-household members.
- Wear face coverings in public, especially when social distancing is difficult to maintain.
- Increase caution when interacting with others not practicing social distancing or wearing face covers.
- Avoid traveling to high-risk areas.
- Follow good hygiene standards (wash hands and use hand sanitizer frequently, avoid touching your face, cover coughs and sneezes).
- Avoid contact with anyone who is considered high-risk.
- High-risk individuals should take extra care to follow precautions.
- Decrease in-person interactions outside household.
- Seek medical care as needed, but limit or avoid unnecessary visits to hospitals, nursing homes, and residential care facilities to see others as much as possible.
**Per CDC, symptoms include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
The Ohio Public Health Advisory System is a color-coded system created to supplement existing statewide orders. This data-driven framework is used to assess the degree of COVID-19 spread and empower communities, business, and individuals in their response to this pandemic. The current map can be found at https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/public-health-advisory-system/